Digital Learning Integration & Standards GuidanceGuidance to support schools to effectively implement technology to support learning and to address critical areas of instructional focus.
Section 121 of Senate Bill (SB) 98, Education Finance: Education Omnibus Budget Trailer Bill (Chapter 24, Statutes of 2020) called for the development of draft distance learning curriculum and instructional guidance for mathematics, English language arts, and English language development to be adopted by the State Board of Education by May 31, 2021. For more information, see the Funding Result of Award Notification to Sacramento County Superintendent of Schools.
California Digital Learning Integration and Standards Guidance
The California Digital Learning Integration and Standards Guidance was adopted by the State Board of Education (SBE) at their meeting on May 12–13, 2021. To download the pre-publication version approved by the SBE, or excerpts of the full document, select the links below.
- California Digital Learning Integration and Standards Guidance (DOCX)
- Excerpt: Section A— Implementing Research-Based Digital Learning Practices (pages 10–100) (DOCX)
- Excerpt: Section B— Standards Guidance for Mathematics (pages 101–212) (DOCX)
- Excerpt: Section C— Standards Guidance for English Language Arts, Literacy, and English Language Development (pages 212–486) (DOCX)
- English Language Arts/English Language Development Framework
The 2014 English Language Arts/English Language Development Framework adopted by the SBE on July 9, 2014, was developed to support and incorporate the California Common Core State Standards for English Language Arts and Literacy in History/Social Studies, Science, and Technical Subjects and the California English Language Development Standards.
- Draft 2021 Mathematics Framework for California Public Schools: Kindergarten Through Grade Twelve
The California Department of Education, Instructional Quality Commission, and SBE have commenced the revision process for the Mathematics Framework for California Public Schools: Kindergarten Through Grade Twelve (Mathematics Framework). The 2021 Mathematics Framework will be considered by the SBE at their meeting on November 3–4, 2021.
- International Society for Technology in Education (ISTE)
ISTE is “a passionate community of global educators who believe in the power of technology to transform teaching and learning, accelerate innovation and solve tough problems in education.” ISTE’s Standards for Educators provide guidance for effective digital teaching and learning both in class and in a blended environment. Their Standards for Students support student-driven learning.
- Computer Using Educators (CUE)
CUE provides professional learning that supports California educators to implement technology-empowered learning.