History-Social Science FrameworkThe State Board of Education adopted the History-Social Science Framework on July 14, 2016. Curriculum frameworks provide guidance to educators, parents, and publishers, to support implementing California content standards.
- 2016 History–Social Science Framework
The curriculum framework was adopted by the State Board of Education on July 14, 2016. This is the final digital versions of the Framework.
- Executive Summary of the History–Social Science Framework
The executive summary highlights essential information and guidance in the framework and is intended to introduce the reader to the wealth of content and support for teachers, administrators, and parents/guardians it provides.
- Overview Brochures
These three brochures for parents/guardians provide an overview of the major instructional shifts and new features of the framework.
- Members of the Curriculum Framework and Evaluation Criteria Committee
Appointed by the State Board of Education on November 5, 2008.
- Guidelines for the Curriculum Framework and Evaluation Criteria Committee
Approved by the State Board of Education on November 5, 2008, updated on September 3, 2014.
- Timeline for Framework Update
Updated by the State Board of Education on May 7, 2015.
- Content Standards (PDF)
Kindergarten Through Grade Twelve, adopted by the State Board of Education and are the basis for the curriculum framework.
- 2005 History-Social Science Framework (PDF; 3MB)
For California Public Schools, Kindergarten Through Grade Twelve
- All Curriculum Frameworks
Questions: Curriculum Frameworks and Instructional Resources Division | CFIRD@cde.ca.gov | 916-319-0881
Last Reviewed: Thursday, November 03, 2022