Summary of Budget and Interim Report StatusSummary of disapproved budgets and negative and qualified certifications for local educational agencies.
Summary of Disapproved Budgets and
Negative and Qualified Certifications for
Local Educational Agencies
|Fiscal Year||Disapproved Budgets
|Budget Review Committee Fiscal Year
First Interim (3)
First Interim (4)
|1994-95||1||1 BRC||2||1||57||55 (5)|
1 waived BRC
|2000-01||1||1 waived BRC||2||4||24||19|
3 waived BRCs
4 waived BRCs
|2003-04||5||5 waived BRCs||7||9||50||36|
3 waived BRCs
|2005-06||7||7 waived BRCs||5||4||32||29|
|2007-08||4||4 waived BRCs||7||14||29||109|
5 waived BRCs
|2009-10||4||4 waived BRCs||12||14||114||160|
|2010-11||5||5 waived BRCs||13||13||97||130|
|2011-12||1||1 waived BRC||7||12||120||176|
|2012-13||3||3 waived BRCs||7||8||117||84|
|2013-14||3||3 waived BRCs||8||7||41||23|
|2014-15||1||1 waived BRC||5||4||38||28|
- (1) The district/county office of education counts include budgets that were disapproved by the county superintendent of schools or State Superintendent of Public Instruction (SSPI).
- (2) A Budget Review Committee (BRC) consists of three members selected by the district from a list of candidates provided by the State to review and make recommendations on the district's budget. A Regional Review Committee (RRC) may be convened in lieu of the BRC with the approval of the district and the SSPI. The RRC members are selected by the county office of education. District and County may waive the BRC with approval by the SSPI.
- (3) A negative certification is assigned to a school district or county office of education that will not meet its financial obligation for the remainder of the current year or subsequent year.
- (4) A qualified certification is assigned to a school district or county office of education that may not meet its financial obligations for the current year or two subsequent years.
- (5) 1994–95 qualified certifications include all 27 school districts in Orange County and the Orange County Office of Education which were certified as qualified based on the uncertainty surrounding the Orange County bankruptcy.
Questions: Fiscal Oversight & Support | email@example.com
Last Reviewed: Wednesday, March 10, 2021