Dear County and District Superintendents and Charter School Administrators:
2021 California STEAM Symposium Opens Registration and Call for Proposals
The California Department of Education (CDE) is excited to announce the ninth annual California Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts, and Mathematics (STEAM) Symposium, which will take place online October 21–23, 2021, and the Back-To-School Pre-Conference on August 3, 2021, both presented by Chevron.
The California STEAM Symposium is co-hosted by the CDE, the California Commission on the Status of Women and Girls, and the Californians Dedicated to Education Foundation.
Presentation proposals are due prior to June 16, 2021, and selected presenters will receive a discounted registration rate.
The STEAM Symposium brings together passionate people seeking inspiration, energizing engagements, and the opportunity to collaborate with STEAM education experts to expand STEAM learning opportunities for everyone in California and beyond.
#CASTEAM21 presenters or participants can expect to:
- Have the uplifting and positive experience that you deserve! Self-care is at the heart of this event. Join us and experience amazing keynotes, hands-on professional learning workshops, and wellness activities. Our goal: Develop and sustain a diverse STEAM teaching workforce.
- Engage with our amazing network! Connect with fellow educators and community partners, interact with live speakers, and collaborate with the STEAM community via interactive engagements. Our goal: Embolden STEAM communities.
- Focus on best practices for every learning environment and every student! Participate in excellent peer-led professional learning highlighting ideas, strategies, and innovations that work for all students. Our goals: Increase STEAM equity and share the joy of learning.
- Presentation Proposal Submission Deadline: June 16, 2021
- Back-to-School Pre-Conference: August 3, 2021
- California STEAM Symposium: October 21-23, 2021
- Location: Any computer or mobile device
Visit www.steamcalifornia.org for more information.
The current registration for both events is $185. If you can only join us for one, individual event rates start at $75 for the Pre-Conference and $145 for the California STEAM Symposium.
State Superintendent of Public Instruction