October 11, 2021
2021 California STEAM Symposium Keynotes & Early Registration Prizes
SACRAMENTO—The California Department of Education is excited to announce keynotes and early registration prizes for the ninth annual California STEAM Symposium taking place online October 21–23, 2021, presented by Chevron. This incredible event will bring together passionate educators seeking inspiration, energizing engagements via numerous peer-led breakouts, and the opportunity to collaborate with STEAM education experts. Register on the California STEAM Symposium registration web page by October 14, 2021, to be eligible to win a family trip to Disneyland!
Women take the stage! Check out the amazing keynote lineup:
- Dr. Moogega Cooper—Planetary protection lead of the famed NASA 2020 Mars mission.
- Gabby Rivera—Author of “Juliet Takes a Breath” and the Marvel comic series “America”.
- Kate Stanforth—Disabled dancer, math & science enthusiast making the world more inclusive.
- Dr. Marissa Pei, “Asian Oprah”—Psychologist, motivating people to be happy 88 percent of the time.
Register by October 14, 2021, to be eligible for these prizes:
- Family trip to Disneyland in 2022 & complimentary 2022 registration. Full details are available on the California STEAM Symposium registration web page .
- Private Q&A with Dr. Moogega Cooper on Thursday, October 21, 2021.
- Complimentary CA STEAM Symposium 2022 registration.
More prizes will be given away for active participation during the event.
California STEAM Symposium (All times in PT)
- Thursday, October 21, 2021—3:00 p.m. to 6:15 p.m.
- Friday, October 22, 2021—3:00 p.m. to 6:15 p.m.
- Saturday, October 23, 2021—9:30 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.
Location: Any laptop or mobile device.
Visit the California STEAM Symposium registration web page for more information.
The current registration is only $285!The California STEAM Symposium is co–hosted by the California Department of Education, the California Commission on the Status of Women and Girls, and the Californians Dedicated to Education Foundation.
# # # #
Tony Thurmond —
State Superintendent of Public Instruction
Communications Division, Room 5602, 916-319-0818, Fax 916-319-0100