CSMT WebinarsInformation, recordings, and resources on webinars hosted by the Clearinghouse for Specialized Media & Technology (CSMT).
The Clearinghouse for Specialized Media and Technology invites you to join our upcoming webinar series, Supports for Blind and Low Vision Students, presented by Ting Siu, TVI/COMS, Ph.D.
- The 3Cs of a Digital Workflow: Capture! Convert! Cloud!, June 15, 2020
What is a digital workflow, and how does it empower our students' buy-in to use the technology they need? This webinar will provide an introduction on how to convert print materials to digital formats for real-time sharing with students.
- How to Conduct a Needs Assessment, June 22, 2020
Figuring out what our students need can seem very overwhelming! This webinar will present an approach to conducting a needs assessment in order to determine appropriate learning media, technology, and instructional priorities.
Screen Sharing Tools and Strategies
- Description: Oh, the dreaded board! Many low vision students benefit from having desktop access to information that is presented at a distance. This webinar will provide an overview of some of the newest tools and strategies for screen sharing and accessing distance information.
- Date: June 29, 2020, at 11 a.m. PST
Techie TVI Meetup: BYOQ
- Description: Connecting with our community practice can do wonders for supporting our understanding of technology. Bring Your Own Questions for a live Q&A based on multimedia accessibility, digital workflows, conducting needs assessments, and screen sharing tools and strategies.
- Date: June 30, 2020, at 3 p.m. PST
- Description: How must we format digital media so students can easily access materials with technology? This webinar will go through the basics of making digital text, images, and video accessible.
- This video will be recorded and posted on the CSMT website. More information to come once the video is ready.
How to Register
- Register in advance for these webinars at Zoom webinars .
- After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about how to join the webinar.
- Registration is required only once.
- All sessions will be recorded and available through the CSMT website.
Questions: Clearinghouse for Specialized Media & Technology | email@example.com | 916-319-0881
Last Reviewed: Wednesday, July 01, 2020