Instructional MaterialsInformation and resources for instructional materials.
2018 Science Instructional Materials Adoption (K–8)
- SBE–Adopted Programs
Programs adopted and not adopted by the State Board of Education.
- State Board of Education Adoption Report (DOCX)
- Science Publishers Contact Information
- IQC Advisory Report (DOCX)
Recommendations to the State Board of Education
- Reports of Findings
Review panels' reports of findings for the 2018 Science Adoption.
- Schedule of Significant Events
Adopted by the State Board of Education on March 9, 2017.
- Public Comment
- Science Standards for California Public Schools
- Science Framework for California Public Schools
- Implementation/Local Adoption
- Guidelines for Piloting Textbooks and Instructional Materials (DOC)
- Implementation of Instructional Materials Not Adopted by California
Implementation of Instructional Materials Not Adopted by California (DOC)
Guidance for school districts which elect to utilize instructional materials not adopted by the SBE.
- Curriculum & Instruction Committee (CISC) Public Resources
Resources from the California County Superintendents Educational Services Association (CCSESA) has yet to be provided.
- 2016 Selection of Non-Adopted K-12 Materials (Includes Decision Tree)
A helpful toolkit from CCSESA/CISC that includes an instructional materials adoption decision tree flowchart (see page A-1).
- Integrating the CA ELD Standards into K-12 Mathematics and Science Teaching and Learning: A Supplementary Resource for Educations Implementing in Tandem the California English Language Development Standards. The California Common Core State Standards for Mathematics, and the Next Generation Science Standards for California Public Schools (DOC; Posted 16-Dec-2015)
- Invitation to Submit Meeting: January 30, 2018
- Publisher Briefing Webinar PowerPoint: CDE Science 6-8, August 15, 2017 (PDF)
- Publisher Briefing Webinar PowerPoint: CDE Science 3-5, August 8, 2017 (PDF)
- Publisher Briefing Webinar PowerPoint: CDE Science K-2, August 1, 2017 (PDF)
- Publisher Briefing Webinar PowerPoint: April 13, 2017 (PDF)
Standards and Criteria Maps
- The content standards and evaluation criteria adopted by the SBE for the 2018 Science Adoption have been organized into tables for convenient use by publishers and reviewers in the evaluation of submitted instructional materials programs. The standards maps and evaluation criteria map are available upon request.
Grades 9-12 Standards Map Templates and Instructions
- Grades 9-12 Standards Map Templates and Instructions: Templates are completed with citations by publishers and used by local educational agencies in reviews of instructional materials.
2006 Science Adoption
- 2006 Science Primary Adoption Report (PDF; 4MB)
- Price Lists of K-8 Adopted Instructional Materials
Search by subject.
- Attachment 1, Questions and answers from the Science training
- Literature for Science and Mathematics: Kindergarten Through Grade Twelve
A collection of outstanding literature for children and adolescents. The recommended titles reflect the quality and the complexity of the types of materials students should be reading at school and outside of class.
Questions: Curriculum Frameworks and Instructional Resources Division | CFIRD@cde.ca.gov | 916-319-0881
Last Reviewed: Monday, August 28, 2023