Administrative Resources and Reports
Early Learning and Care Division Resources
Fiscal Year (FY) 20–21 Quality Improvement Expenditure Plan
FY 2019–20 Quality Improvement Expenditure Plan
FY 2018–19 Quality Improvement Expenditure Plan
- DRAFT FY 2018-19 Quality Improvement Expenditure Plan
- Information on public and stakeholder topical input sessions related to development of the Quality Improvement Expenditure Plan for FY 2018–19.
FY 2017–18 Quality Improvement Expenditure Plan
- DRAFT FY 2017–18 Quality Improvement Expenditure Plan
- Information on public and stakeholder topical input sessions related to development of the Quality Improvement Expenditure Plan for the Child Care and Development Block Grant Act (CCDBG) and the Quality Rating and Improvement System (QRIS).
- Report on the Draft Child Care and Development Fund (CCDF) Quality Expenditure Plan for FY 2017–18
Administrative Error and Improper Payments Reports
California Subsidized Childcare Characteristic Study
- California Subsidized Childcare Characteristic Study (PDF; 11MB)
The California Subsidized Childcare Characteristic Study identifies the characteristics of a sample of the children, families, and providers served by subsidized childcare contracts and the costs of the care provided.
Centralized Eligibility List (CEL)
- CEL Information and Reports to the Legislature
This page provides background information on the CEL and contains links to prior reports to the Legislature.
Child Care and Development Fund State Plan
- State Plan for the Federal Child Care and Development Fund
This plan describes how Child Care and Development Funds (CCDF) allocated by the federal government to California are deployed to meet the child care needs of qualified families.
Evaluation of Quality Improvement Activities
- California Collaborative on the Social and Emotional Foundations for Early Learning (CSEFEL): Professional Development Evaluation Report (PDF; 1MB)
Evaluation of Teaching Pyramid Professional Development to Promote Social-Emotional Development in Preschool Children in California
- California Preschool Instructional Network (CPIN) Evaluation Report (PDF; 2MB)
Evaluation of CPIN Administration, Regional Professional Development, and On-site Technical Assistance
- Evaluation of Professional Development for Child Care Providers in California: The Role of the California Resource and Referral Agencies and the California Child Care Initiative Project (PDF; 2MB)
- Study of Access to Quality Improvement Activities by Family Child Care Home Providers
Inclusive Early Learning and Care Coordination Program (IELCCP) Reports
Local Child Care and Development Planning Council (LPC) Reports
- Local Child Care and Development Planning Council Legislative Reports
Incentives for Child Care Staff Retention Reports to the Legislature
Preferred Placement for Eleven- and Twelve-year-old Children
Preschool Report Required by the 2013-14 Supplemental Report Language
- Preschool Report Required by the Supplemental Report of the 2013–14 Budget Package
This legislative report provides an overview of the current federal proposals and funding for preschool expansion.
Report on Unspent Child Care Funding
- Report on Unspent Child Care Funding
This report fulfills the requirement of the 2006-07 Budget Act Supplemental Report, dated June 28, 2006, requiring the California Department of Education to provide a report addressing the issue of unspent child care funding.
Questions: Early Learning and Care Division | 916-322-6233
Last Reviewed: Tuesday, March 9, 2021