April 2015 Information MemorandaBackground information and updates on issues of interest to the State Board Members.
Periodically, the State Board Members may receive information memoranda from State Board staff and the California Department of Education. The information memoranda may include background information, updates on issues of interest to the State Board Members, and reports on a variety of educational topics.
- Update on Transitioning to the English Language Proficiency Assessments for California (DOC)
- Update on California High School Equivalency Tests (DOC)
- Update on the Administration and Development of the California Alternate Assessments (DOC)
- Update on the 2014–15 Hand Scoring Process for Smarter Balanced Summative Assessment Items (DOC)
- 2014 Annual Report of Waiver Activity (DOC)
- Improving the Reliability of the California Home Language Survey (DOC)
- Review of the Mathematics and Science Academic Content Standards to Identify the Standards that Correspond to the English Language Development Standards (DOC)
- California State Plan for the Workforce Investment Act, Title II: Adult Education and Family Literacy Act: Extension and Transition to Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act, 2015–16 (DOC; Posted 20-Apr-2015)
- State Legislative Update, Including, but not Limited to, Information on the 2015–16 Legislative Session (DOC; Posted 20-Apr-2015)
- Financial Condition of State Board of Education-Authorized Charter Schools (DOC; Posted 08-May-2015)
- State Board of Education-Authorized Charter Schools Financial Highlights (XLS; Posted 08-May-2015)