April 2019 Information MemorandaBackground information and updates on issues of interest to the State Board Members.
Periodically, the State Board Members may receive information memoranda from State Board staff and the California Department of Education. The information memoranda may include background information, updates on issues of interest to the State Board Members, and reports on a variety of educational topics.
- Every Student Succeeds Act (ESSA): Request for a Waiver Under Title 1, Part A, Section 8401 to Align the State and Federal English Learner Progress Indicator (DOCX; Posted 19-Apr-2019)
- 2018 Annual Report of Waiver Activity (DOCX; Posted 16-Apr-2019)
- State Legislative Update, Including, but not Limited to, Information on the 2019–20 Legislative Session (DOCX; Posted 16-Apr-2019)
- Update on the Smarter Balanced Summative Assessment Blueprints for English Language Arts/Literacy and Mathematics (DOCX; Posted 16-Apr-2019)
- Update on Implementing a New State Accountability System: Study Session on the College/Career Indicator (DOCX; Posted 16-Apr-2019)
- Update on Continuous Improvement of the State and Federal Accountability System: A Review of the Design, Development, and Implementation of the California School Dashboard (DOCX; Posted 16-Apr-2019)
- Strengthening Career and Technical Education for the 21st Century Act Transition Plan for California (DOCX; Posted 16-Apr-2019)
- Special Education Local Plan Areas–History and Requirements (DOCX; Posted 16-Apr-2019)
- Adult Education in California: An Overview (DOCX; Posted 16-Apr-2019)