August 2016 Information MemorandaBackground information and updates on issues of interest to the State Board Members.
Periodically, the State Board Members may receive information memoranda from State Board staff and the California Department of Education. The information memoranda may include background information, updates on issues of interest to the State Board Members, and reports on a variety of educational topics.
- Update on the Proposed Revision of the Local Control and Accountability Plan Template (DOC; Posted 26-Aug-2016)
- Revised Proposed Percentile Cut Scores for State Indicators (DOC; 1MB; Revised 31-Aug-2016)
The revised memoranda reflects a change to table 21 in Attachment 2 and to tables 11 and 15 in Attachment 3.
- California’s Local, State and Federal Accountability and Continuous Improvement System: Framework for Supporting Local Educational Agencies and Schools (DOC; Posted 24-Aug-2016)
- Developing a New Accountability System: An Overview of the College/Career Indicator Structure and Proposed Measures (DOC; Posted 24-Aug-2016)
- Update on Developing California’s New Accountability and Continuous Improvement System Draft Timeline (DOC; Posted 22-Aug-2016)
- Update on the California Alternate Assessments (DOC; Posted 18-Aug-2016)
- California Assessment of Student Performance and Progress Public Release of the 2015–16 Results (DOC; Updated 19-Aug-2016)
- State Superintendent of Public Instruction and State Board of Education President Joint Response to the Every Student Succeeds Act Proposed Regulations for Accountability, Data Reporting, and Submission of State Plans (DOC; Posted 18-Aug-2016)
- Every Student Succeeds Act Stakeholder Engagement – Phase I Report (DOC; 1MB; Posted 18-Aug-2016)