February 2018 Information MemorandaBackground information and updates on issues of interest to the State Board Members.
Periodically, the State Board Members may receive information memoranda from State Board staff and the California Department of Education. The information memoranda may include background information, updates on issues of interest to the State Board Members, and reports on a variety of educational topics.
- Developing a New State Accountability System: Update on the Implementation of the College/Career Indicator; Including the Expansion of Career Measures and Performance Comparisons for Academic Measures (DOCX; Posted 26-Feb-2018)
- Update on the Development of a Revised Self-Reflection Tool for the Local Performance Indicator for Local Control Funding Formula Priority 6, School Climate (DOCX; Updated 27-Feb-2018)
- Developing a New State Accountability System: Update on the Development of a Student-Level Growth Model (DOCX; Posted 23-Feb-2018)
- Revised Educational Testing Services Memorandum: California Growth Study Results (DOCX; 9MB; Corrected 26-Apr-2018) Note: This version includes corrections made to the data in Table 6 on page 18. Supporting text regarding the information in Table 6 was also revised.
- Update on the Initial Assessment Standard Setting Process and Preliminary Review of the Revised Test Blueprints for the Initial English Language Proficiency Assessments for California (DOCX; Posted 23-Feb-2018)
- Update on the Activities of the California Department of Education and State Board of Education Regarding Implementation of California Next Generation Science Standards (DOCX; Posted 23-Feb-2018)