June 2016 Information MemorandaBackground information and updates on issues of interest to the State Board Members.
Periodically, the State Board Members may receive information memoranda from State Board staff and the California Department of Education. The information memoranda may include background information, updates on issues of interest to the State Board Members, and reports on a variety of educational topics.
- Developing a New State Accountability System: Update of Possible Student-Growth Models to Communicate Smarter Balanced Results (DOC; Posted 01-Jul-2016)
- Local Control Funding Formula (LCFF) Evaluation Rubrics Components: Statements of Model Practices (DOC; Posted 29-Jun-2016)
- Process to Identify Options for School Climate Surveys and a Composite Measure of English Learner Proficiency for the Local, State and Federal Accountability and Continuous Improvement System (DOC; Posted 27-Jun-2016)
- Update on Key Activities for the Development of the English Language Proficiency Assessments for California (DOC; Posted 17-Jun-2016)
- State Legislative Update, Including, but not Limited to, Information on the 2015-16 Legislative Session (DOC; Posted 17-Jun-2016)
- Update on the Activities of the California Department of Education and State Board of Education Regarding Implementation of California Next Generation Science Standards (DOC; Posted 17-Jun-2016)
- Financial Condition of State Board of Education-Authorized Districtwide Charters - 2015-16 Second Interim (DOC; Posted 17-Jun-2016)
- Districtwide Charters Financial Condition - Second Interim Certifications 2015-16 (PDF; 2MB; Posted 17-Jun-2016)
- Update on Developing California’s New Accountability and Continuous Improvement System and Proposed Next Steps in Advance of July 2016 State Board of Education Meeting (DOC; Posted 03-Jun-2016)