October 2016 Information MemorandaBackground information and updates on issues of interest to the State Board Members.
Periodically, the State Board Members may receive information memoranda from State Board staff and the California Department of Education. The information memoranda may include background information, updates on issues of interest to the State Board Members, and reports on a variety of educational topics.
- California Assessment of Student Performance and Progress: Update on Program Activities Related to the California Assessment of Student Performance and Progress System (DOC; Posted 27-Oct-2016)
- California High School Exit Examination: State Superintendent of Public Instruction’s Recommendation on the Continuation of the High School Exit Examination and on Alternative Pathways to Satisfy the High School Graduation Requirements (DOC; Posted 14-Oct-2016)
- Every Student Succeeds Act: Update on Request for a Waiver Under Title I, Part A, Section 8401 to Waive Double Testing of Science Requirement (DOC; Posted 14-Oct-2016)
- Update on the English Learner Indicator Work Group (DOC; Posted 14-Oct-2016)
- Introduction to the Development of a New Alternative Accountability System (DOC; Posted 14-Oct-2016)
- State Legislative Update, Including, but not Limited to, Information on the 2015–2016 Legislative Session (DOC; Posted 14-Oct-2016)
- Science Framework for California Public Schools: Kindergarten Through Grade Twelve, 2016 Revision: Update on the Revision of the Framework (DOC; Posted 14-Oct-2016)