December 14, 2022 Screening Committee Notice, CPAG
CALIFORNIA STATE BOARD OF EDUCATION1430 N Street, Suite 5111
Sacramento, CA 95814
December 1, 2022
State Board of Education Screening Committee Members
- Cynthia Glover-Woods, Chair
- Brenda Lewis
- Francisco Escobedo
Meeting Notice: Screening Committee of the
State Board of Education
Paper Screening of Candidates
Wednesday, December 14, 2022
11:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m. ±
California State Board of Education
Zoom Link: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/87529080720
Meeting ID: 875 2908 0720
On June 30, 2022 Governor Gavin Newsom signed SB 189 (Chapter 44, Statutes of 2022) which added Government Code section 11133 to allow state bodies covered by the Bagley-Keene Open Meeting Act (Act) to hold public meetings covered by the Act via web and/or audio teleconferencing through June 30, 2023. As such, the SBE Screening Committee meeting will be held via the format of video conferencing.
The purpose of this meeting is to conduct a paper screen of candidate applications and select candidates to interview for possible appointment to the California Practitioners Advisory Group (CPAG). The Screening Committee will also select a candidate to fill a vacancy on the Instructional Quality Commission (IQC). The Screening Committee will decide which candidates it will recommend to the full State Board of Education for action by the State Board at its January 2023 meeting.
- Call to order, Chair
- Welcome and Introductions, Chair
- Consideration of a candidate for appointment to the Instructional Quality Commission (IQC), as follows:
- Applicant review and selection of a candidate for the Instructional Quality Commission
- Selection of a candidate to recommend to the State Board of Education for appointment
- Consideration of candidates for appointment to the California Practitioners Advisory Group (CPAG), as follows:
- Applicant review and selection of candidates to interview for the California Practitioners Advisory Group
- Selection of candidates to recommend to the State Board of Education for appointment
ALL TIMES ARE APPROXIMATE AND ARE PROVIDED FOR CONVENIENCE ONLY
THE ORDER OF BUSINESS MAY BE CHANGED WITHOUT NOTICE
REASONABLE ACCOMMODATION FOR ANY INDIVIDUAL WITH A DISABILITY
Pursuant to the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 and the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, any individual with a disability who requires reasonable accommodation to attend or participate in a meeting or function of the California State Board of Education (SBE), may request assistance by contacting the SBE Office at; email@example.com.
For more information concerning this agenda, please contact Amy Bubbico, Staff Services Manager, California State Board of Education, by email, firstname.lastname@example.org. This agenda is posted on the State Board of Education's Web site.