Model Curriculum ProjectsCurricula in a specific topic developed pursuant to legislation.
Model curriculum projects are initiated in response to specific legislation calling for a state-developed curriculum in a specified topic or disciplinary area of study. Typically these projects are done under the supervision of the State Board of Education (SBE) or the Instructional Quality Commission.
2020 Ethnic Studies Model Curriculum
- Ethnic Studies Model Curriculum
The model curriculum was adopted by the SBE on March 18, 2021.
- Frequently Asked Questions
Information about the Ethnic Studies Model Curriculum.
- Ethnic Studies Model Curriculum April Meeting Agenda
April 25–26, 2019 meeting of the Ethnic Studies Model Curriculum Advisory Committee.
- Ethnic Studies Model Curriculum March Meeting Agenda
March 21–22, 2019 meeting of the Ethnic Studies Model Curriculum Advisory Committee.
- Ethnic Studies Model Curriculum February Meeting Agenda
February 14– 15, 2019 meeting of the Ethnic Studies Model Curriculum Advisory Committee.
- List of Advisory Committee Members
The State Board of Education appointed Advisory Committee applicants on January 9, 2019.
- Schedule of Significant Events
Updated following the Instructional Quality Commission meeting on August 13, 2020.
- Guidelines for the Model Curriculum
Adopted by the State Board of Education on July 11-12, 2018.
- Assembly Bill 2016
Authorizing legislation for the model curriculum project.
- Public Input Webinar
A webinar was held on January 9, 2018, to collect public feedback on the model curriculum project.
César E. Chávez Model Curriculum
- César E. Chávez Model Curriculum
Research Center is now available. Contains several thousand primary source documents and more than 500 pictures from historical archives.
Human Rights and Genocide Model Curriculum
- Human Rights and Genocide Model Curriculum (PDF; 2MB)