College Readiness Block GrantFunds for local educational agencies to provide California's high school pupils additional supports to increase the number who enroll at the institutions of higher education and complete an undergraduate program degree within four years.
College Readiness Block Grant
The College Readiness Bock Grant (CRBG) was established by Senate Bill 828 in June 2016 (Chapter 29, Statutes of 2016, Committee on Budget and Fiscal Review) and codified in Education Code Section 41580. The CRBG allocates $200 million for local educational agencies, including county offices of education, school districts, and charter schools (both direct and locally funded) that reported unduplicated pupils in grades nine through twelve during the 2015–16 fiscal year.
- State Superintendent’s Letter to the Field | DOC
- Preliminary Entitlements
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Funding Profile
- California Education Code Section 41580
- College Readiness Block Grant Budget Language
- College Readiness Block Grant Legislative Report