2019 Instructional Materials Revision Process2019 Instructional Materials Revision Process for the 2017 California State Board of Education (SBE) Adopted History–Social Science Programs.
California Education Code and State regulations allow publishers to initiate proposals for revisions to their SBE–adopted programs during given periods. Publishers’ proposed revisions must be consistent with the SBE–adopted content standards, curriculum framework, relevant statutes, and evaluation criteria utilized in the original adoption. The approval process includes public meetings of the Instructional Quality Commission (IQC) and the SBE. Except for online programs, publishers must continue to make available originally adopted materials in addition to any revised materials.
2017 History–Social Science Revisions Timeline
- Publisher submission period: June 1–28, 2019
- Review period: June 30, 2019–August 31, 2019
- IQC public comment meeting: October 4, 2019
- IQC meeting to formulate recommendations to the SBE: November 14–15, 2019
- SBE meeting for consideration of adoption of revisions: January 8–9, 2020
One publisher has proposed revisions to their 2017 SBE–adopted history–social science program. The publisher’s proposed revisions are available for public review at California Adoption Corrections web site .