Williams Case - Background InformationInformation on the landmark Superior Court case to provide all students equal access to instructional materials, safe schools, and quality teachers.
- An explanation of what happened in the Williams case.
- Joint Correspondence from O'Connell and Swofford (PDF; Posted 18-May-2010)
Change in Certificated Assignment Monitoring and Data Reporting in Education Code Section 44258.9
- Language Census, Appendix: Referred to in the Joint Correspondence from O'Connell and Swofford
- Funding Results: Instructional Materials: Williams Case Settlement
- Guidance for Charter Schools Letter (Posted 13-Jun-2013)
- Memorandum to County and District Superintendents - Williams Case
- Annual Public Hearing and Resolution on IM - Curriculum Frameworks & Instructional Materials
Letter to LEAs on Public Hearing and Resolution on Sufficiency of Instructional Materials Funds
- Sample Documents for the Williams Case
Language that may be used by governing boards to certify compliance, and suggested resolution on sufficiency of instructional materials.
Questions: Curriculum Frameworks and Instructional Resources Division | firstname.lastname@example.org | 916-319-0881
Last Reviewed: Wednesday, May 3, 2023