RecognitionExpanded learning recognition for awardees from the annual Lights on Celebration and the Distinguished After School Health.
Lights On Afterschool
The Lights On Afterschool is the only nationwide event celebrating after school programs and their important role in the lives of children, families and communities. The effort has become a hallmark of the after school movement and generates media coverage across the country each year.During Lights On, the Expanded Learning Division recognizes members of the field for their contributions to expanded learning programs across California. The awards are divided into three areas. The 2019 Expanded Learning Leaderships Awards recipients are as follows:
Visionary Leadership Award
- Joe Hudson, Technical Assistance Lead, Alameda County Office of Education
- Steve Hurst, Director I Modesto City Schools
- Karen McConnell, Assistant Superintendent-Special Services, Hanford Elementary School District
Emerging Leadership Award
- Marguerite Ponce, Program Director, Kids Campus-Our Savior Center, El Monte School District
- Raynee Sewall, Site Coordinator, Butte County Office of Education
Distinguished After School Health Recognition Program
The Distinguished After School Health (DASH) recognizes Expanded Learning programs who are meeting exemplary health education, nutrition, and activity standards.
For additional resources, please visit the Expanded Learning Division Resources web page.