RecognitionExpanded learning recognition for awardees from the annual Lights on Celebration and the Distinguished After School Health.
Lights On Afterschool
The Lights On Afterschool is the only nationwide event celebrating after school programs and their important role in the lives of children, families and communities. The effort has become a hallmark of the after school movement and generates media coverage across the country each year.During Lights On, the Expanded Learning Division recognizes members of the field for their contributions to expanded learning programs across California. The awards are divided into three areas. The 2020 Expanded Learning Leaderships Awards recipients are as follows:
Visionary Leadership Award
- Erin Sipes, Elk Grove Unified School District
- Autrilla Gillis, ISANA Academies
- Shannon Roth, Sacramento Chinese Community Services Center
- Oscar Munguia, Give Every Child A Chance
Emerging Leadership Award
- Krystal Miller, Porterville Unified School District
- Brazil McIntyre, Berkeley Unified School District
Distinguished After School Health Recognition Program
The Distinguished After School Health (DASH) recognizes Expanded Learning programs who are meeting exemplary health education, nutrition, and activity standards.
For additional resources, please visit the Expanded Learning Division Resources web page.