Professional Learning OpportunitiesA searchable database of professional learning opportunities available throughout California and online.
Welcome to the Professional Learning Opportunities Database! This system is provided as a convenience to California educators and professional development and learning providers. The database provides an input feature for providers to promote their learning opportunities, and a search feature so educators may find events throughout the state addressing a variety of topics.
The Professional Learning Opportunity Search Form lets educators select criteria for the learning opportunities they are seeking. You can narrow your search by type (physical location or online), location, date, topic (over 40 to choose from!), and audience.
The Professional Learning Opportunity Input Form is for providers to input professional learning opportunities to be promoted through the Professional Learning Opportunities Database and the California Department of Education’s Professional Learning News listserv . Here are a few tips for filling out the Input Form:
- A separate input form must be submitted for each location of the same event. Use the Opportunity Description box to inform users of other locations.
- Online events can be designated as ongoing events; however, ongoing events will be removed from the database after two years.
- To avoid confusion, the titles of ongoing events should not include a year.
Opportunities submitted into the database must support educator practice in pre-kindergarten through grade 12 settings and must be sponsored by:
- California Department of Education;
- County offices of education;
- Local educational agencies;
- Institutions of higher education; or
- Not-for-profit entities
Disclaimer: The professional learning opportunities approved for promotion through the database have not been reviewed for quality, effectiveness, or alignment with state or federal education programs. This system is provided only as a convenience to California educators, and the inclusion of any opportunity does not imply endorsement by the California Department of Education.