ParentsThe key to a child's educational success is a successful partnership between teachers, parents and family members. Go here to find information that will help you help your child.
A Message to California Parents
Parents are a child’s first and most important teacher. Research proves that family engagement is one of the best tools to help a student succeed in school. We have gathered here some information that can help you support your child’s education. That includes finding care for our youngest learners, determining how well a particular school performs, and learning about the standards we have set for what a student should know and be able to do to be ready to graduate and succeed in life. —Tom Torlakson, State Superintendent of Public Instruction
How Do I...
- Report a suspected case of child abuse or neglect
- Find out about kindergarten admission
- Find child care for my child
- Find books for my child to read
- Find practice questions for student tests
- File a complaint
- Get results from the California Assessment of Student Performance and Progress (CAASPP) assessment
- Transitional Kindergarten
- Common Core State Standards
- Smarter Balanced Assessment System
- Before and After School Programs
- Team California for Healthy Kids