Data Collection and Accountability RequirementsThe Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA), Title II: Adult Education and Family Literacy Act (AEFLA) grant recipients must complete the documentation listed below.
Data Accountability and Implementation Training
At least one representative from each funded agency must complete a National Reporting System (NRS) for Adult Education California Accountability Training and a Comprehensive Adult Student Assessment Systems (CASAS) Implementation Training by January 31, 2022. The California Department of Education (CDE) encourages local educational agencies to adopt a team approach for training and continuous improvement in managing data outcomes. For more information about training sessions and registration, please access CASAS Training and Networking .
- Collect data on all AEFLA adult learners between July 1, 2021, and June 30, 2022.
- Complete enrollment information for each adult learner in any of the WIOA, Title II: AEFLA funded instructional programs as soon as the learner enters the class.
- Complete updates for all adult learners who have 12 or more hours of instruction.
- Record instructional hours for all adult learners in TOPSpro® Enterprise (TE) at a minimum of once a month.
- Administer a CASAS pretest and post-test to all WIOA, Title II: AEFLA adult learners.
- Manually enter, scan, or transfer records into TE software. These records must be completed each quarter, and each quarterly data submission must be as complete and accurate as possible.
- Record learner’s email and cell phone number in TE software for the Core Performance Employment and Earnings quarterly survey.
- Submit quarterly and end-of-year data to CASAS. All data submissions must be received by CASAS on or before each due date.
- Agencies use the Quarterly Data Submission Wizard in TOPSpro® Enterprise to complete the quarterly data requirements.
- Agencies are required to complete Employment and Earnings Follow-up Survey in each quarter. The Employment and Earnings Follow-up Survey should be sent to all students the second and fourth quarter after exit.
- Complete and submit the WIOA, Title II: AEFLA Program Implementation Survey online to CASAS by March 31, 2022.
- Agencies providing California English Literacy and Civics Education (EL Civics) services under WIOA, Title II: AEFLA Sections 231 or 243, select at least one Civic Objective and Additional Assessment Plan (COAAP) by October 31, 2021. Final COAAP selections must be made by April 30, 2022.
- Agencies providing High School Equivalency (HSE) services under the WIOA, Title II: AEFLA must complete and submit the HSE Certification to CASAS by October 31, 2021.
- Complete and submit the WIOA, Title II: AEFLA Continuous Improvement Plan (CIP) by April 30, 2022.
- As part of the CIP, agencies receiving WIOA, Title II: AEFLA Section 243 funds must also complete an Integrated EL Civics Report and submit to CASAS by April 30, 2022.
- Agencies administering the Citizenship Interview Test must complete recertification by April 30, 2022.
Annually certify that local procedures for collecting and reporting data conform to the NRS Standards and the California Assessment Policy Guidelines 2021–22, and also certify that local policies have been updated in accordance with the Local Assessment Policy Guidelines. Policy guidelines and a template are located on the CDE Resources web page.
Please note: Agencies must submit all data and fiscal requirements listed within the Grant Deliverable Due Dates for 2021–22 on or before each due date.