CSPP QRIS Block GrantCalifornia State Preschool Program (CSPP) Quality Rating Improvement System (QRIS) Block Grant.
California State Preschool Program (CSPP) Quality Rating and Improvement System (QRIS) Block Grant
Senate Bill 858 (Chapter 32, Statutes of 2014) authorizes $50 million of Proposition 98 funds for Quality Rating and Improvement System (QRIS) Block Grant for the support of local early learning QRIS that increase the number of low-income children in high-quality state preschool programs that prepare those children for success in school and life.
California Education Code Section 8203.1 (b)(1) states:
For purposes of this section, “early learning quality rating and improvement system” or “QRIS” is defined as a locally determined system for continuous quality improvement based on a tiered rating structure with progressively higher quality standards for each tier that provides supports and incentives for programs, teachers, and administrators to reach higher levels of quality, monitors and evaluates the impacts on child outcomes, and disseminates information to parents and the public about program quality.
CSPP QRIS Block Grant Contacts
CSPP QRIS Block Grant Request for Applications 2015-16
- CSPP QRIS Block Grant Request for Applications (RFA) 2015-16
- CSPP QRIS Block Grant 2015-16 RFA Webinar June 2, 2015
- Webinar on Preliminary Funding Opportunity Information
Webinar Slides October 16, 2014 (PDF)
- Webinar presenting Guidance on the Request for Applications
January 9, 2015
- Webinar presenting Guidance on the Request for Applications for Priority II Qualified Applicants
February 3, 2015
- QRIS 101: What's a Quality Rating and Improvement System All About?
Webinar Slides March 16, 2015 (PDF)
- QRIS 201: Diving Deep into California’s Quality Rating and Improvement System
Webinar on May 12, 2015
Frequently Asked Questions
- Race to the Top – Early Learning Challenge (RTT-ELC) Quality Continuum Framework (DOC)
- Consortium Implementation Guide (PDF)
- Quality Continuum Framework Rating Matrix With Elements and Points for Consortia Common Tiers 1, 3, and 4 (PDF)
- Quality Continuum Framework Continuous Quality Improvement Pathways Matrix (PDF)