Child Care Annual Aggregate Report SFY 2017-18
Number of Children Served by Program Type1 During State Fiscal Year (SFY) 2017-18
|Program Type||Children (N)|
|General Child Care||54,082|
|CalWORKs Stage 2||89,070|
|CalWORKs Stage 3||53,187|
|California State Preschool - Part Day||119,360|
|California State Preschool - Full Day||65,118|
|General Migrant Child Care||3,590|
Source: CDD-801A Monthly Child Care Reports for SFY 2017-18.
Note: Data summarized in this table represent an unduplicated count of children by program type who received subsidized child care and development services any time during the SFY. These data do not reflect the number of children served during a given month. Missing and unknown data are excluded.
1The list below provides the names and contracts included within each program type:
- General Child Care includes the following program contracts: General Child Care and Development Program (CCTR) and Family Child Care Home Education Networks (CFCC).
- CalWORKs Stage 2 includes the following program contract: CalWORKs Stage 2 (C2AP).
- CalWORKs Stage 3 includes the following program contract: CalWORKs Stage 3 (C3AP).
- Alternative Payment includes the following program contracts: Alternative Payment (CAPP) and Migrant Alternative Payment (CMAP).
- California State Preschool includes the following program contract: California State Preschool Program (CSPP).
- CSPP - Part Day: receiving 4 or fewer hours of care per day.
- CSPP - Full Day: receiving more than 4 hours of care per day.
- General Migrant Child Care includes the following program contract: Migrant Child Care and Development Program (CMIG).
- Severely Handicapped includes the following program contract: Severely Handicapped Program (CHAN).
2Child counts are unduplicated within each program type. A child may be counted more than once if they received services within multiple program types during the year. The total does not equal the sum of the rows. Rather, the total represents the unduplicated number of children served regardless of program type.