Parent Engagement Modules Series: Module 4Module 4: School Systems and Multiple Cultures from the Parent Engagement Modules Series.
Module 4, School Systems and Multiple Cultures
Module 4 participants will receive background information about the U.S. school systems and cultural differences with other systems; receive practical strategies for bridging the differences, with a focus on examples of Mexican and U.S. schools; reflect upon how this material applies to their daily lives; practice new strategies; and make a plan for applying new strategies.
Resources for Module 4
- Engaging Families and Communities - Transcript (PDF)
- Engaging Families and Communities - Transcrip 2 (PDF)
- Facilitator Guide (PDF)
- Action Planning (PDF)
- A Letter to School (PDF)
- How would you like to be involved? (PDF)
- Questions to Ask (PDF)
- What would you do? (PDF)
- Module 4: School Systems and Multiple Cultures (PDF)
- Home Language Survey (PDF)