English Learner FormsSamples of commonly used English Learner program document templates that may be used by a local educational agency.
Clearinghouse for Multilingual Documents
A repository of translated documents contributed by local educational agencies and those published by the California Department of Education.
Home Language Survey
California Education Code, Sections 313 and 60810 contain legal requirements which direct schools to determine the language(s) spoken in the home of each student. This sample form is designed to assist with the identification process.
- Home Language Survey form English(PDF; Revised Jul-2020)
- Home Language Survey form Spanish (PDF; Revised Jul-2020)
- Available Translations of the Home Language Survey form (Revised Dec-2016)
Informal Primary Language Assessment
Tool that may be used, along with the results of the English Language Proficiency Assessments for California (ELPAC), to design appropriate instruction and support services for English learners.
- Informal Primary Language Assessment sample form English (DOC; Revised Dec-2010)
- Available Translations of the Informal Primary Language Assessment form