AAV of the Barack Obama Charter School SlidesAccessible Alternative Version (AAV) of the Barack Obama Charter School Renewal presentation slides for the March 2014 SBE Meeting Agenda.
This page is the Accessible Alternative Version (AAV) of Barack Obama Charter School Renewal presentation slides from the California State Board of Education (SBE) Meeting Agenda for March 2014. The original version of the Barack Obama Charter School Presentation Slides (PDF) version is considered to be the official version of the document.
Slide 1: Title Slide
- Barack Obama Charter School
- Our Shared Mission - We Rise
- February 2014
Slide 2: BOCS Shared Mission
- Welcoming Environment
- Integrity and Involvement
- Student centered and Staff, Student, and Family Accountability
- Expectations: Set high for behavior and performance.
- …is closely aligned to the state priorities.
Slide 3: Welcoming Environment
- State Priority: Climate
- Referrals have decreased every year, from 351 in 2011 to 174 in 2012 and 75 in 2013.
Slide 4: Respect, Involvement, and Family Accountability
- State Priority: Parent Involvement
- Involved Families, Communications
Slide 5: We expect our students to reach proficiency and beyond!
- A positive climate plus active parent and community engagement creates a culture of achievement.
Slide 6: 2011 to 2013 Math Proficiency
- Math Proficiency has increased every year from 2011 at 18.1%, 2012 at 48.7% and 2013 at 56.6%.
Slide 7: We are a school on the rise
- API has risen every year from 2011 at 575, to 2012 at 751 and 2013 at 755.
Slide 8: Yes we will!
- Image of kids smiling and happy after finishing an activity in which they color in the puerto rican flag.
End of Slides
Questions: State Board of Education | email@example.com | 916-319-0827
Last Reviewed: Tuesday, November 1, 2022
Share this Page
Trending in Meeting Agendas & Schedule
Recently Posted in Meeting Agendas & Schedule