Item 05 Attachment 4 of SBE Agenda September 2022
This page contains information entered to a STD. 399, Economic and Fiscal Impact Statement form. To obtain a scanned copy of the submitted form, contact the California State Board of Education Office at firstname.lastname@example.org or at 916-319-0827.
Economic and Fiscal Impact Statement
(REGULATIONS AND ORDERS)
User entries from the STD. 399 (REV. 10/2019) Form.
Department Name: CA Department of Education
Contact Person: Sara Noceto
E-mail Address: email@example.com
Telephone Number: [left blank]
Descriptive Title From Notice Register Or From 400: Extended School Year
Notice File Number: Z
Economic Impact Statement
Section A. ESTIMATED PRIVATE SECTOR COST IMPACTS (Include calculations and assumptions in the rulemaking record.)
Section A.1. Check the appropriate box(es) below to indicate whether this regulation:
- Selected option is H: None of the above (Explain below)
- Option H explanation: The regulations do not impact private sector costs.
Fiscal Impact Statement
Section A. FISCAL EFFECT ON LOCAL GOVERNMENT (Indicate appropriate boxes 1 through 6 and attach calculations and assumptions of fiscal impact for the current year and two subsequent Fiscal Years.)
- Selected option is 2: Additional expenditures in the current State Fiscal Year which are NOT reimbursable by the State. (Approximate) (Pursuant to Section 6 of Article XIII B of the California Constitution and Sections 17500 et seq. of the Government Code).
- Selected option is 2a. Implements the Federal mandata contained in: Individuals with Disabilities Act (20 USC) and Title 34 of the CFR
Section B. FISCAL EFFECT ON STATE GOVERNMENT (Indicate appropriate boxes 1 through 4 and attach calculations and assumptions of fiscal impact for the current year and two subsequent Fiscal Years.)
- Selected option is 4: Other. Explain Activities as a result of these regulations are necessary in order to implement federal and state special education laws, thus any costs associated are attributable to existing law.
Section C. FISCAL EFFECT ON FEDERAL FUNDING OF STATE PROGRAMS (Indicate appropriate boxes1 through 4 and attach calculations and assumptions of fiscal impact for the current year and two subsequent Fiscal Years.)
- Selected option is 4: Other. Explain Federal funds do impact special education programs, but any cost increases as a result of these regulations are necessary to implement federal and state special education laws so those costs would be attributable to law.
Fiscal Officer Signature: Digitally signed by Sara E. Noceto, dated December 9, 2021
The signature attests that the agency has completed the STD.399 according to the instructions in the State Administrative Manual (SAM) sections 6601-6616, and understands the impacts of the proposed rulemaking. State boards, offices, or department not under an Agency Secretary must have the form signed by the highest ranking official in the organization.
Agency Secretary: Digitally signed by Amy Tang-Paterno, dated December 13, 2021
Finance approval and signature is required when SAM sections 6601-6616 require completion of Fiscal Impact Statement in the STD. 399.
Department of Finance Program Budget Manager: Signed by Chris Ferguson, dated April 8, 2022