Proposed 2020 IQC Goals
State of California
Gavin Newsom, Governor
Instructional Quality CommissionAn advisory body to the California State Board of Education
Proposed 2020 Instructional Quality Commission Goals
Commission will consider for approval on January 16, 2020
- Ensure every member of the Instructional Quality Commission (IQC) follows the Bagley-Keene Open Meeting Act.
- Provide support for the 2020 Health Instructional Materials Adoption.
- Provide support for the 2020 revision of the California Arts Framework, 2020 revision of the World Languages Framework, 2021 revision of the Mathematics Framework, and 2022 revision of the Physical Education Framework.
- Provide support for the preparation of the 2021 Arts and World Languages Instructional Materials Adoptions.
- Provide continuing support for the development and implementation of the Ethnic Studies Model Curriculum.
- Provide support for the launch events, rollout plans, and professional learning activities of the Health, Science, and History–Social Science Frameworks and support for the collaboration committees’ work associated with the English Language Arts/English Language Development, Mathematics, Health, History–Social Science, and Science Frameworks.
- Ensure that the IQC’s organization reflects the advisory needs of the State Board of Education.
- Engage and participate in a continuous improvement protocol as the IQC works through relevant curriculum and instruction issues.
- Remain informed on the California Statewide System of Support (CAS3) and integrate, as appropriate, guidance aligned with the CAS3.
Last Reviewed: Friday, January 3, 2020