October 2017 Information MemorandaBackground information and updates on issues of interest to the State Board Members.
Periodically, the State Board Members may receive information memoranda from State Board staff and the California Department of Education. The information memoranda may include background information, updates on issues of interest to the State Board Members, and reports on a variety of educational topics.
- School Conditions and Climate Work Group: Recommendation Framework (DOC; Posted 26-Oct-2017)
- School Conditions and Climate Work Group Recommendation Framework, October 2017 (PDF; 2MB; Posted 26-Oct-2017)
- Update on the Summative Assessment Standard Setting Process and Validation Study for the English Language Proficiency Assessments for California (DOC; Posted 25-Oct-2017)
- State Legislative Update, Including, but not Limited to, Information on the 2017–18 Legislative Session (DOC; Posted 19-Oct-2017)
- Update on the California Assessment of Student Performance and Progress, including the Public Release of the 2016–17 Results (DOC; Posted 19-Oct-2017)
- Update on the Draft Local Control and Accountability Plan Federal Addendum Template and Proposed Approval Process (DOC; Posted 19-Oct-2017)