CA Partnership Academies Annual ReportThe CA Partnership Academies Annual Report (CAPAAR) determines the amount of qualified students in the CPA program.
The filing of an Annual Report to CDE is mandatory for schools participating in the California Partnership Academies (CPA) program. In order to facilitate the collection of the Annual Report and to ensure the accuracy of the data contained in the Reports, we have implemented an automated system through the Programs Grant Management System (PGMS). This report is due annually by October 31.
Each academy coordinator/lead teacher, school principal and administrator in charge of the academy, CTE director, district financial officer, and superintendent will receive a user name and password for access to the CAPAAR System.
- To retrieve a user id and password, email CAPAAR@cde.ca.gov
- Once an email is received, we will request your login credentials from PGMS
- PGMS will then send you an email with your user id and password (please check your spam inbox for this email)
- If you do not receive an email from PGMS, please contact a member of the CPA team via email at CAPAAAR@cde.ca.gov
Submitting the CAPAAR Application
When submitting the CAPAAR application, please follow the directions below:
- Coordinators: Upon completion of all sections, click SUBMIT. The system will register the coordinator’s digital signature and will then alert the CDE CPA team that the data is ready for review. Once the CDE CPA team approves the data, an email will be generated for the principal to review. This email will be cc’d to the CDE CPA team and the PGMS team.
- Principals: Upon reviewing the report, click SUBMIT. The system will register the principal’s digital signature and will then generate an email for the Superintendent to do the same. This email will be cc’d to the CDE CPA team and the PGMS team.
- Superintendents: Upon reviewing the report, click SUBMIT. The system will register the superintendent’s digital signature and will then generate an email stating the report has been accepted by the CDE. This email will be cc’d to the CDE CPA team and the PGMS team.
The Application Status of the Reporting Menu will indicate when each signature has been provided. The status will be one of the following:
- The application is incomplete (application needs coordinator’s digital signature)
- The application is accepted by the CDE and ready for the principal approval (application needs principal’s digital signature)
- The application is accepted by the principal and ready for the superintendent approval (application needs superintendent’s digital signature)
- The application is certified
CAPAAR System and Instructions
Most academies will find the need to set aside a substantial amount of time for the Student Data section as data is entered on a per-student basis in the system. Once completed, schools will not need to reenter the personal data for existing students as the system update will automatically “promote” these students each year they remain in the academy. Academies will only need to enter information for new students each year.
The Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) page addresses items in the Report that appear to generate confusion. This FAQ page will be updated as you, the users, provide feedback to us.