CA Partnership Academies Annual Report (CAPAAR)The CA Partnership Academies Annual Report (CAPAAR) determines the amount of qualified students in the CPA program.
The filing of an Annual Report to CDE is mandatory for schools participating in the California Partnership Academies (CPA) program. In order to facilitate the collection of the Annual Report and to ensure the accuracy of the data contained in the Reports, we have implemented an automated system through the Programs Grant Management System (PGMS). The increase in the number of academies has made the processing of Academy data in a timely manner nearly impossible. Current projections for growth in the number of academies further support the use of an automated system.
NOTE: This is an Annual Report DUE OCTOBER 31
Each academy coordinator/lead teacher, school principal and administrator in charge of the academy, CTE director, financial officer, and superintendent will receive a user name and password for access to the CAPAAR System.
- To retrieve a user id and password, click FORGOT PASSWORD
- Enter your email address and click SUBMIT
- PGMS will then send a user id and password
- If you do not receive anything from PGMS, please contact a member of the CPA team via email
Digital signatures have been implemented and are collected in CAPAAR. These will replace the old hard copy signatures and which will no longer need to be sent to the CDE.
- Coordinators, upon completion of all sections, click SUBMIT. The system will register your digital signature and will then generate an email for the principal to do the same. This email will be cc’d to you, the CPA team, and the PGMS team.
- Principals, upon reviewing the report, click SUBMIT. The system will register your digital signature and will then generate an email for the Superintendent to do the same. This email will include to you, the coordinator, the CPA team, and the PGMS team.
- Superintendents upon reviewing the report, click SUBMIT. The system will register your digital signature and will then generate an email will state the report has been accepted by the CDE. This email will include you, the coordinator, the principal, the CPA team, and the PGMS team.
The Reporting Menu for the report will update when each signature has been provided.
CAPAAR System and Instructions
Users should review the menu in order to organize their data entry work. Most academies will find the need to set aside a substantial amount of time for the Student Data section. Once completed, we anticipate that schools will not need to reenter the personal data for existing students as the system update will automatically “promote” these students each year they remain in the academy. Instead, academies will only need to enter new student information and current attendance, grade, and activity information for students.
CAPAAR Data Collection Tool
Student data is entered on a per-student basis in this system. We have developed a spreadsheet to facilitate data collection prior to entering the data into this system. This spreadsheet should not be submitted to the CDE. It is only a tool to assist the academies in gathering data for entry into the automated system. Please email the CPA team for a copy of the Data Collection Tool.
The Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) page addresses items in the Report that appear to generate confusion. This FAQ page will be updated as you, the users, provide feedback to us.