CAPAAR Frequently Asked QuestionsFrequently asked questions in connection with the California Partnership Academies online Annual Reporting System.
Each contact has a user id and password and is able to update their own information through the Program Grant Management System. District Superintendent and School Principal information may only be updated by an LEA’s OPUS-CDS coordinator. To find your OPUS-CDS coordinator please check the California School Directory (hyperlink address https://www.cde.ca.gov/School Directory) If there is a new hire for any of the other positions provided, please email the CPA team.
At the top of the Reporting Menu you will find your application status. The status will be one of the following:
- The application is incomplete (Needs Coordinator’s Digital Signature)
- This application is ready to be submitted by the principal for review and approval by the superintendent (Needs Principal’s Digital Signature)
- The application is ready to be submitted by the superintendent for review and approved by the CDE. (Needs Superintendent’s Digital Signature)
- This application is accepted by CDE
Average Teacher Cost per Teaching Period
This amount can be determined by taking the annual teacher salary and dividing it up by the number of periods in a typical school day.
CPA ID Codes and Screenshots
When contacting the CPA team with questions and error messages, please be sure to indicate your CPA ID number and, when needed, a screen shot of the error message. This will help us to quickly address your needs and concerns.
Credits toward Graduation
The “required credits toward graduation current year, not cumulative” pertains the number the number of credits that a student would need in order to meet graduation requirements in your district/school, divided by four years. For example, if the school requires 220 credits to graduate, the number that you would enter in this field is 55 (220/4 = 55).
Missing Submit Button
When you complete each section of the report, on the Reporting Menu, it will indicate that each section is complete. When each section is complete, at the bottom of this page, the Submit to… button will appear. If it does not, please take the following steps
- Log out of the report
- Delete your browsers cache/cookies
- Close and then reopen your browser
- Log back into the system making sure that only one window is open in your browser
- The Submit to… button should now be active
The user should ONLY USE the navigation bar at the top of the page to navigate the site. You should not use the browser back/forward navigation buttons, as your data will be lost.
Race and Ethnicity Codes
The two part question separates ethnicity and race. It includes two categories for ethnicity and five for race, and respondents are allowed to choose more than one race. Hispanic/Latino is considered an ethnicity, not a race. The Individual data collection format of the two-part federal question is as follows, with the ethnicity part asked first:
Ethnicity (Select one)
- Hispanic or Latino (A person who is Cuban, Mexican, Puerto Rican, South or Central American, or other Spanish culture or origin, regardless of race.)
- Not Hispanic or Latino
Race (Select one or more, regardless of Ethnicity)
- American Indian or Alaska Native (A person having origins in any of the original peoples of North and South America (including Central America), and who maintains tribal affiliation or community attachment.)
- Asian (A person having origins in any of the original peoples of the Far East, Southeast Asia, or the Indian subcontinent including, for example; Cambodia, China, India, Japan, Korea, Malaysia, Pakistan, the Philippine Islands, Thailand and Vietnam.)
- Black or African American (A person having origins in any of the black racial groups of Africa.)
- Native Hawaiian or Other Pacific Islander (A person having origins in any of the original peoples of Hawaii, Guam, Samoa or other Pacific Islands.)
- White (A person having origins in any of the original peoples of Europe, the Middle East, or North Africa.)
Save as Draft and Submit Buttons
- The Save as Draft button saves the information on the page displayed and allows the user to return to the page to finish entering information
- The Submit button saves the information on the page displayed and uploads it to the system. When a section is complete, this will be indicated on the Reporting Menu page.
- The Submit to Principal/Superintendent/CDE button will only appear when the status for each part of the report indicates that it is complete.
At the bottom of the Reporting Menu there is a hyperlink to Full Annual Academy Reports. This will take you to the Report List. From here you will be able to save each section as a webpage or a spreadsheet.
When the user has not entered data for 120 minutes, the system “times out” and requires the user to log on again. All data entered in the currently displayed section will be lost unless the user saved the data prior to the commencement of the time-out.