Antibullying, Harassment: Policy, ProcedureInformation on antibullying and harassment policies and related complaint procedures for Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender and Questioning (LGBTQ+) students, their educators and their families.
The California Department of Education (CDE), Office of Equal Opportunity is charged with ensuring compliance with state and federal civil rights laws, including laws supporting lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, questioning and queer (LGBTQ+) students.
- Gender Equity/Title IX - Equal Opportunity & Access
Specific guidance regarding gender equity. It is the policy of the State of California that all persons, regardless of their gender, should enjoy freedom from discrimination of any kind in the educational institutions of the state.
- Uniform Complaint Procedure
Complaints may be filed for LGBTQ students. Discrimination, harassment, intimidation, or bullying against any protected group as identified under sections 200 and 220 and Section 11135 of the Government Code, including any actual or perceived characteristic as set forth in Section 422.55 of the Penal Code, or on the basis of a person’s association with a person or group with one or more of these actual or perceived characteristics, in any program or activity conducted by an educational institution, as defined in Section 210.3, that is funded directly by, or that receives or benefits from, any state financial assistance.
California School Boards Association (CSBA)
CSBA is a nonprofit education association representing the elected officials who govern public school districts and county offices of education. A membership-driven association, CSBA provides policy resources and training to its members.
- Board Policy 0410 - Nondiscrimination in District Programs and Activities
- Board Policy 1312.3 - Community Relations Uniform Complaint Procedures
- Board Policy 5131 - Conduct
- Board Policy 5131.2 - Students: Bullying
- Board Policy 5137 - Students: Positive School Climate
- Board Policy 6142.1 - Instruction: Sexual Health and HIV/AIDS Prevention Instruction
- Board Policy 6142.94 - Instruction: Social Science
- Board Policy 5145.2 - Students Freedom of Speech Expression
- Board Policy 5145.3 - Students Nondiscrimination Harassment
- Board Policy 5145.7 - Students Sexual Harassment
- Board Policy 5145.9 - Students Hate Motivated Behavior
- Board Policy 5145.31 - Students Transgender Gender Variant Ensuring Equity and Nondiscrimination
- Board Policy 5149 - Students Gender Identity and Access
- Board Policy 6145 - Extracurricular and Co-Curricular Activities
- Board Policy 6145.2 - Instruction Athletic Competition
Please contact CSBA for access to these policies.
School Health and Safety Office | 916-319-0314