Equity Thought Leader SeriesThis webinar series will focus on equity in education and will address asset-based pedagogies as well as the need to diversify California’s teacher workforce.
State Superintendent of Public Instruction Tony Thurmond’s new Equity Thought Leader Series will highlight issues in California’s educational system pertaining to diversifying the teacher workforce and applying asset-based pedagogies to meet the needs of the diverse California student population. The following webinars have been scheduled, however, please continue to check the web page as new webinars will be scheduled.
We encourage all attendees to view this short presentation about diversifying the teacher workforce and asset-based pedagogies before attending the webinar series events.
Please view the presentations by clicking on their corresponding links.
- On March 25, 2021, from 3:00 p.m.– 4:00 p.m., Dr. Travis Bristol presented “Our Urgency of Now: Diversifying California’s Teacher Workforce” (Video; 50:19).
- On April 14, 2021 from 3:00 p.m.– 4:00 p.m., Dr. Patricia D. López presented “Anti-Racism in Teacher Education and a Call for Community Healing” (Video; 1:03:31).
- On April 20, 2021 from 3:00 p.m.– 4:00 p.m., Dr. Kenneth Wesson presented “Merging Research from Brain Science with Asset-Based Education" (Video; 1:16:35).
- On May 20, 2021 from 3:00 p.m.– 4:00 p.m., Dr. Greg Peters presented “The Illusion of Returning to Normal: How Prepared are we to Serve our Students in Person – Post COVID 19” (Video; 1:22:17).
- On May 25, 2021 from 3:00 p.m.– 4:00 p.m., Dr. Tolani Britton presented “Strategies for Increasing College Access and Success Through Dual Enrollment in High School” (Video; 1:04:51).