UPK Mixed Delivery Workgroup Agenda February 2023Agenda for the February 2023 meeting of the Universal PreKindergarten Mixed Delivery Quality and Access Workgroup.
Universal PreKindergarten Mixed Delivery Quality and Access
February 23, 2023 12:30 p.m.–4:30 p.m.
Virtual Meeting Information
Please use the Zoom registration link below to register in advance:
After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the meeting.
Translation to Spanish, Mandarin, and American Sign Language (ASL) will be available at each public meeting.
Documents will be shared at the beginning of each Universal PreKindergarten (UPK) Mixed Delivery Quality and Access Workgroup (Workgroup) meeting. In addition, the California Department of Education will post Workgroup meeting documents to the California Educators Together (CET) website . Access to CET is open to the public. If you require accessible copies of the materials posted to CET, contact the Workgroup inbox at UPKMixedDeliveryWorkgroup@glenpricegroup.com.
Welcome and Previous Session Recap
- Welcome and Agenda Review
- Reflect on Workgroup progress to date
- Public Comment
UPK Mixed Delivery Quality and Access Landscape: What is Quality and what is Mixed Delivery?
- The Workgroup will explore the following overarching questions through a combination of presentations, facilitated discussions, and public comment.
- What are the characteristics of high-quality preschool programs for three- and four-year-olds and how do these characteristics support healthy child development and learning?
- What is a mixed-delivery system, and what does it look like as codified in Education Code Section 8320 ?
- What are the characteristics of high-quality preschool programs across different settings within a mixed-delivery model and how do other places implement or support these characteristics?
- How do parents define quality and what characteristics do they value in preschool programs?
- What do we want children to get out of their preschool experience, and what should these experiences look like in high-quality preschool programs?
- Public Comment
The items indicated on the agenda are subject to change. Public comment will be taken throughout the meeting as indicated above.
These meetings will be recorded and posted to California Educators Together (CET) website . If you need an accessible copy, contact UPKMixedDeliveryWorkgroup@glenpricegroup.com and we will accommodate your request in a timely manner.