ARPA Stabilization FundingCalifornia State Preschool Program (CSPP) contractors complete a survey that is required in order to receive American Rescue Plan Act of 2021 (ARPA) stabilization funding.
The purpose of this communication is to inform California State Preschool Program (CSPP) contractors of a survey that is required in order to receive American Rescue Plan Act of 2021 (ARPA) stabilization funding. This survey will be conducted via a Snap Survey.
As provided by Assembly Bill 131 and the 2021 Budget, recipients of the ARPA stabilization funding must complete an application or survey to ensure eligibility prior to receiving ARPA funding. California State Preschool Program (CSPP) recipients include:
- Individual CSPP Sites
- Family Childcare Home Education Network (FCCHEN) providers
For CSPP contractors with multiple sites, one survey must be completed for each individual site. Similarly, for CSPP contractors operating FCCHENs, one survey must be completed by each provider. The contractor has the option to submit the survey on behalf of sites or providers, provided the contractor has the information necessary from the site or provider. This survey will determine eligibility for ARPA fund allocations, which include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Rate increases
- Secondary provider payments when the CSPP FCCHEN providers were paid for non-operational days for other COVID-19 related closures
- Reimbursement to CSPP FCCHEN providers based on certified hours of care rather than Attendance
How and When to Submit the Survey
The document attached to this listserv provides the survey questions. Contractors should review the survey questions in preparation of the survey being released. A link to the ARPA Snap Survey will be provided directly to CSPP contractors from the email address ARPASurvey@cde.ca.gov. The California Department of Education (CDE) will utilize the contact information provided in the Child Development Management Information System (CDMIS) when emailing the survey link. All contractors will receive an email with the Snap Survey link no later than the week of September 20, 2021.While there currently is not a deadline for the survey,contractors will not receive ARPA funding until the survey is complete. It is therefore in the best interest of the contractor to submit survey responses as soon as possible.The CDE requests that all survey responses are submitted by September 30, 2021.This will allow the CDE to issue stipend allocations in the month of October that equal $600 per subsidized child that was enrolled in March 2021.
Next Steps for CSPP Contractors
- Ensure your contact information is updated in CDMIS. If you have questions about updating your contact information, please email CDMIS@cde.ca.gov.
- Carefully review the ARPA Survey Questions in preparation for the survey to be released.
- Determine if the contractor’s administrative office will complete the survey on behalf of all sites and/or providers, or if site supervisors and/or providers will complete the survey for their respective sites. Multiple surveys submitted for any site will delay the distribution of funds.
- Collect all necessary data that is required for the survey prior to entering the survey.
- Watch the recorded webinar once it is posted if you are unable to attend the live webinar.
- If questions arise while responding to the ARPA Application for funding survey, please review the ARPA Frequently Asked Questions web page.
For your convenience, the ARPA webinar slides (PPTX) can be accessed on our Early Learning and Care COVID-19 Guidance page.
If you have questions regarding this survey, please email us at ARPASurvey@cde.ca.gov