Data Collection & ReportingSearchable databases and software for reporting and retrieving special education related information.
California Special Education Reference
- California Special Education Reference (CASER)
A word-searchable database of special education-related state and federal statutes and regulations, federal guidance documents, and editions of the Federal Register.
- Nonpublic Schools and Agencies Certification Data Worksheet (XLSX; Updated 11-Feb-2020)
The Nonpublic Schools and Agencies (NPS/As) spreadsheet contains certification information regarding all of the NPS/As certified by the California Department of Education.
- Nonpublic Schools/Agencies Certification Applications (Updated 31-Jul-2019)
New process for submitting Nonpublic, Nonsectarian School/Agency Certification Applications.
- Out-of-State Nonpublic Agency Certification Requirements (Posted 19-Mar-2019)
March 15, 2019, letter to Special Education Directors and Select Nonpublic Agency Administrators
- Nonpublic Schools/Agencies Out-of-State Placement (Updated 29-Jun-2017)
Reporting requirements for out-of-state nonpublic, nonsectarian school and agency placement.
- Nonpublic Schools/Agencies Legal Advisory
Waivers and Retroactive Reimbursement to Parents who have made Unilateral Placements in an NPS/A prior to July 1, 1998 or, on or after July 1, 1998.
Special Education Local Plans
- Required components to comply with Individuals with Disabilities Education Act (IDEA) as amended in 2004, accompanying regulations, and the California Education Code (Updated 20-Feb-2020)
California Administrative Hearings Database
- Office of Administrative Hearings, Special Education Unit
- Special Education Forms Mediation ONLY Request Form, Mediation and Due Process Hearing Request Form including translations in Spanish, Tagalog, Hmong, and Vietnamese, and Transcript Request Form
- Special Education Administrative Hearing Decisions (SEAHD) 1993-2005 (Posted 14-Sep-2012)
Contains the Special Education Hearing Offices (SEHO) administrative hearing decisions from 1993 to 2005.
Special Education Enrollment Data
- Annual Performance Report Measures (Updated 04-Apr-2019)
Short summaries of special education program and student outcome data for California LEAs.
Reports for accountability, enrollment, graduates, dropouts, course enrollments, staffing, English Learners, and test data.
Provides statistics and information on a variety of subjects concerning education in California.
Questions: Special Education Division | email@example.com | 916-445-4613
Last Reviewed: Friday, March 6, 2020