CA Assessment Accessibility Resources Matrix
The California Assessment Accessibility Resources Matrix (DOCX) displays the embedded and non-embedded universal tools, designated supports, and accommodations (UDAs) allowed as part of the California Assessment of Student Performance and Progress (CAASPP) and English Language Proficiency Assessments for California (ELPAC) for 2022–23.
The appropriate use of UDAs on CAASPP computer-based tests and ELPAC computer-based and paper-based tests is restricted to only those identified in this document. For UDAs for CAASPP special-form tests, please visit the CAASPP.org website . Embedded resources are digitally delivered as part of the technology platform for the computer-based tests. Non-embedded resources are available when provided by the local educational agency for either computer-administered or special-form tests.
Here are the latest accessibility resource matrix changes for the 2022–23 school year.
- Added a column, ELPAC-A, to the accessibility resource category tables for the Initial Alternate and Summative Alternate ELPAC.
- Added grade-level ranges, where applicable, to the test columns in the accessibility resource category tables.
- Updated science charts description to include the availability of the periodic table of the elements for a student who has the embedded Spanish stacked–dual language designated support assigned.
- Added the designated support text-to-speech in Spanish for mathematics items only. The designated support is for students taking the Smarter Balanced interim and summative mathematics assessments in conjunction with the designated support of Spanish–stacked dual language translations.
- Renamed the embedded translations (glossary) universal tool to "Spanish glossary" for the California Spanish Assessment only. This change does not affect the non-embedded translations (glossary) designated support, which is available in multiple languages.