Notice of Assessments Administration
The following link contains language that can be inserted into a parent handbook or other annual parent notification document to serve the purpose of meeting state and federal obligations to inform parents of the year’s statewide assessments, inclusive of the right to exempt.
The following sample letters serve as notices to parents of the year’s statewide assessments and do not satisfy a district’s obligation to notify parents of their right to exempt their child from statewide assessments pursuant to California Education Code Section 60615.
2018–19 Notification Letter Templates
- California Assessment of Student Performance and Progress (DOCX)
- California Alternate Assessment (DOCX)
- California Spanish Assessment (DOCX)
- Intitial English Language Proficiency Assessments of California (DOCX)
- Summative English Language Proficiency Assessments of California (DOCX)
2017–18 Notification Letter Templates
- Smarter Balanced Summative Assessments and California Science Test, Grades Three through Eight and High School (DOC)
- California Alternate Assessments for English Language Arts/Literacy, Mathematics, and Science (DOC)