Assessment Spotlight, Issue 222California Assessment of Student Performance and Progress (CAASPP) email update, February 17, 2023.
Focusing on the CAASPP System and English Language Proficiency Assessments for California (ELPAC)—and including, when timely, updates on California’s other statewide assessments. For questions related to test administration, coordination, and trainings, visit the CAASPP website and the ELPAC website .
California Assessment Accessibility Resource Matrix for 2022–23: Minor Updates
The updated California Assessment Accessibility Resource Matrix—commonly known as the Accessibility Matrix—displays the embedded and non-embedded universal tools, designated supports, and accommodations allowed as part of the CAASPP and the ELPAC systems. Minor updates have been made to the 2022–23 Accessibility Matrix to include the following:
- FM systems as part of the amplification designated support for all CAASPP assessments and the general ELPAC
- Picture cards, answer choice cards, objects, and manipulatives as part of the alternate response options accommodation for the Alternate ELPAC
Registration Open for Spring Training—Accessing Summative Assessment Results in CERS
Registration is open for the Accessing Summative Assessment Results in the California Educator Reporting System (CERS) spring training! CERS is a free tool available to all California local educational agency (LEA) staff for accessing student assessment results for both summative and interim assessments, using secure logon information. This training is designed for LEA staff who are current or potential CERS users. LEA staff can register to attend any or all of the following 75-minute facilitated modules:
- Module One will focus on the Summative ELPAC, the Summative Alternate ELPAC, and the California Spanish Assessment. This training module will be offered on May 4, 2023, from 9 to 10:15 a.m.
- Module Two will focus on the Smarter Balanced Summative Assessments for English language arts/literacy (ELA) and mathematics, and the California Alternate Assessments (CAAs) for ELA and mathematics. This training module will be offered on May 11, 2023, from 9 to 10:15 a.m.
- Module Three will focus on the California Science Test and the CAA for science. This training module will be offered on May 18, 2023, from 9 to 10:15 a.m.
Register at the Webinar Registration web page for the Accessing Summative Assessment Results in CERS training. After the training modules are offered, recordings will be made available on the CAASPP Past Training Opportunities and Materials web page .
Inquiries about this training can be emailed to the Sacramento County Office of Education at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please share this email with any educators in your LEA who would be interested in or benefit from this information. To join the email list, send a blank email message to email@example.com. Are you a new subscriber? Visit the California Department of Education Assessment Spotlight web page to find previous issues.