Assessment Spotlight, Issue 251California Assessment of Student Performance and Progress (CAASPP) email update, October 20, 2023.
Focusing on the California Assessment of Student Performance and Progress (CAASPP) System and English Language Proficiency Assessments for California (ELPAC)—and including, when timely, updates on California’s other statewide assessments. For questions related to test administration, coordination, and trainings, visit the CAASPP website and the ELPAC website .
Fall English Language Proficiency Assessments for California New Coordinator Trainings – Register Now
Calling all local educational agency (LEA) ELPAC coordinators who are new to their role or want a refresher! The 2023–24 New Coordinator Training—Fall ELPAC sessions will take place in November. Hosted by our county office of education partners, this ELPAC coordinator training will:
- Review tasks associated with preparing for testing,
- Cover how to support sites during testing, and
- Assist coordinators in planning for post-test activities such as gathering feedback from site coordinators and test administrators.
To register, visit the ELPAC Training Opportunities web page and register for a training date in your county/region, or any date that works for you.
Interim Assessment User Guide Now Available!
Information about all state-offered interim assessments can be found in the recently posted Interim Assessment User Guide . This user guide provides guidance on the overall process for the administration of the CAASPP and ELPAC interim assessments.
The guide supports LEA personnel who:
- Administer the CAASPP and ELPAC interim assessments,
- Access the Teacher Hand Scoring System to score CAASPP and ELPAC interim assessment responses,
- Use the Data Entry Interface to enter scores for ELPAC interim assessments
- Log into the California Educator Reporting System to view assessment results.
For more information on interim assessments, links to relevant resources and systems are available on the CAASPP Interim Assessment Administration Resources web page
and ELPAC Interim Assessment Administration
Resources web page .
To receive future CAASPP updates and notifications, subscribe to the CAASPP mailing list by sending a blank email message to firstname.lastname@example.org. For previous Assessment Spotlight issues, visit the California Department of Education Assessment Spotlight web page.