FDP: USDA Foods Purchasing and Ordering CycleThe Food Distribution Program (FDP) U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) Foods Purchasing and Ordering Cycle online training.
This training provides an overview of the purchasing and ordering cycles for USDA Foods and describes the USDA procurement process, why California has specific ordering timelines, and how recipient agencies can plan their USDA Foods purchases for an upcoming school year.
- Course Number: 867
- Training Length: 29 minutes
- Certificate: Not available
- Target Audience: Food Service Director and Staff
- Mandatory: No
- Cost: Free
- Date Recorded: December 2016
The following resources are referred to throughout this online course:
- California Department of Education (CDE) Child Nutrition Information and Payment System (CNIPS) web page
- CDE NSD-FDP-02-2013: Changing Receipt of USDA Foods management bulletin
- CDE NSD FDP State Cooperative and Allocation Agency Ordering and Delivery Timelines web page
- CDE USDA Foods Processing Program Information web page
- USDA Food Distribution Processor Material Prices web page
- USDA Food Distribution Foods Expected to be Available web page
- USDA Food Distribution Value of Donated Food Notices web page
- Crediting: 0.25 hour
- Key Area:
- Training Topic:
Menu Planning (1100)
- Learning Objective: Plan for effective use of USDA Foods (1170)
- Training Topic: Menu Planning (1100)
For more information on crediting, see the U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) web document Professional Standards Learning Objectives (PDF)
For more information on USDA Foods, access the CDE Food Distribution web page.
For questions regarding the course content, contact Amy Bell, Child Nutrition Consultant, by phone at 916-322-5051 or by email at email@example.com.
Questions: Amy Bell | firstname.lastname@example.org | 916-322-5051
Last Reviewed: Thursday, March 16, 2023
Share this Page
Trending in Nutrition
Recently Posted in Nutrition