Early Learning and Care COVID-19 Resources
COVID-19 Resources and Guidance for Early Learning and Care Programs
The Early Learning and Care Division (ELCD) has established a dedicated email address to receive public inquiries related to ELCD programs and emergency concerns: ELCDEmergency@cde.ca.gov.
The Early Learning and Care Division has created Management Bulletins (MB) to provide guidance and directives to early learning and care contractors during the COVID-19 pandemic:
- MB 20-11 COVID-19 Guidance: Emergency Closures
- MB 20-10 COVID-19 Guidance regarding Family Child Care Home Education Networks
- MB 20-09 COVID-19 Guidance on Program Self Evaluation, Contract Monitoring, and Program Quality Requirements
- Please see the following associated webpage:
- MB 20-08(a) (Updated 22-May-2020) COVID-19 Guidance on Procurement and Audits
- MB 20-07 COVID-19 Guidance to California Resource and Referral Programs and Local Planning Councils
- MB 20-14 Guidance Regarding the Temporary Extension of Emergency Childcare Services, Transition into Ongoing Childcare Services, and Assessment of Family Fees for Essential Workers and At-risk Populations
- Please see the following associated forms:
- PIN 20-06-CCP (PDF) Social and Physical Distancing Guidance and Healthy Practices for Child Care Facilities in Response to the Global Coronavirus (COVID-19) Pandemic written in collaboration with the California Department Education
- MB 20-05 COVID-19 Guidance on Temporary Waiver of Family Fees
- MB 20-04(a) (Updated 5-Jun-2020) COVID-19 Guidance on Apportionment, Attendance, and Reporting Requirements
- May 1 Webinar Slides: MB 20-11 (PPTX)
- April 24 Webinar Slides: MB 20-09 and MB 20-10 (PPTX)
- April 23 Webinar Slides: MB 20-07 (PPTX)
- April 15 Webinar Video: MB 20-06
- April 1 Webinar Slides: MB 20-04 and MB 20-05 (PPTX)
- Updated Apportionment Guidance to Resource and Referral (R&R) Program Contractors (Dated 07-May-2020)
Note: The purpose of this guidance is to revise certain content from the original guidance letter dated April 29, 2020
- Apportionment Letter to Resource and Referral (R&R) Program Contractors (Dated 29-Apr-2020)
- Cleaning and Supplies for Child Care Providers (CSPP) Self-Certification Form (PDF)
- Resource and Referral (R&R) Supply Tracking Log (XLSX) Please submit the Supply Tracking Log to ELCDEmergency@cde.ca.gov.
Guidance for State of Emergency Situations (March 2020)
In addition to Management Bulletins, the ELCD will continue to release guidance and answers to frequently asked questions below.
The California Department of Education (CDE) is following the guidance of the California Department of Public Health (CDPH) and directives from the Administration. For the latest information, please go to the CDPH News Releases 2020 Page and the CDPH COVID-19 Updates Page .
The ELCD continues to recommend programs consult with local county public health authorities when making decisions that impact families. In addition, the ELCD recommends programs consult closure guidance from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)