Coronavirus (COVID-19)Information and resources regarding coronavirus (COVID-19) and California's response.
The California Department of Education (CDE) is monitoring the 2019 Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) situation and working closely with agency partners. Local educational agencies (LEAs) are encouraged to follow California Department of Public Health recommendations. LEAs should identify plans for communicating with families and consider learning supports for school closures.
California Department of Education (CDE)
From Tony Thurmond, SSPI (Updated 11-May-2020)
One place for news releases and correspondence from Tony Thurmond, State Superintendent of Public Instruction (SSPI), regarding COVID-19.
- Distance Learning (Updated 24-Apr-2020)
- Getting Internet Access: Available Plans (Added 18-Mar-2020)
Early Learning and Care
- COVID-19 Operations Written Report Template (DOCX; Updated 06-May-2020)
- Changes to the Local Control and Accountability Plan Process and Timelines (PDF; Added 30-Apr-2020)
- COVID-19 Accountability FAQs (Added 21-Apr-2020)
- Local Control and Accountability Plan Executive Order - Frequently Asked Questions (Added 24-Apr-2020)
Child Care and Student Supervision
Joint K-12 and Higher Education California Agencies
California Office of Governor Gavin Newsom
California Department of Public Health (CDPH)
A list of various California Department of Public Health (CDPH) guidance documents related to COVID-19.
School Guidance on Novel Coronavirus or COVID-19 (March 7, 2020)
(PDF; Added 09-Mar-2020)
Joint guidance from the California Department of Education and the California Department of Public Health regarding the Novel Coronavirus (COVID 19)
Coronavirus (COVID-19) - Guidance for Schools and School Districts
(PDF; Added 03-Mar-2020)
Specific guidelines for California’s K–12 schools, districts, and county offices of education.