COVID-19 and Data ReportingThis page provides access to information regarding educational data related to 2020–2021 academic year.
Assembly Bill (AB) 130 (Chapter 44, Statutes of 2021) suspended the reporting of state indicators on the 2021 California School Dashboard (Dashboard). However, the statute requires that available data that would have been included in the Dashboard are reported on the California Department of Education’s (CDE’s) website if they are determined to be valid and reliable.
DataQuest is the CDE’s public data reporting website, which provides meaningful data and statistics about California's K-12 public educational system that supports a wide variety of informational, research, and policy needs. Summary and detailed data reports are available for multiple subject areas at the school, district, county, and state levels.
The following most recent data reports and downloadable data files are available within the CDE Accessing Educational Data web page:
- 2020–21 Data Summary, this page provides a quick reference of the most recent two-years of key data points with the percentage point difference between school years.
- Graduation and Dropout Data, including the Four-Year Adjusted Cohort Graduation Rate and Five-Year Cohort Graduation Rate data reports and downloadable data files
- Discipline Data, including the Suspension and Expulsion data reports and downloadable data files, along with the Restraint and Seclusion data (downloadable data file only)
- Absenteeism Data, including the Chronic Absenteeism Rate and Absenteeism by Reason reports and downloadable files
- Stability Rate Data, including the Stability Rate data reports and a downloadable data file
- Cumulative Enrollment Data (downloadable data file only)
California School Dashboard
The Dashboard provides parents and educators with meaningful information on school and district progress so they can participate in decisions to improve student learning. The 2021 Dashboard reports local educational agency (LEA) and school contact information and enrollment data. It also displays local indicators that LEAs reported onto the Dashboard. In lieu of reporting state indicators, the following data, which would have been included in the 2021 Dashboard, have been determined to be valid and reliable and are available on the Dashboard Additional Reports and Data web page:
- Combined Four-and Five-Year Graduation Rate
- Dashboard Alternative School Status Graduation Rate (i.e., one-year graduation rate)
- College/Career Indicator-Related Data
Note: More information regarding the 2021 Dashboard is available in the Dashboard Reference Guide (DOCX).
Other CDE Resources
COVID-19 Accountability FAQs for questions and answers related to the COVID-19 coronavirus and accountability.
Coronavirus (COVID-19) main web page for information and resources regarding CDE's COVID-19 response efforts, including the guidance document for safely reopening schools.