CA Assessment Accessibility Resources Matrix
The California Assessment Accessibility Resources Matrix (DOCX) displays the embedded and non-embedded universal tools, designated supports, and accommodations (UDAs) allowed as part of the California Assessment of Student Performance and Progress (CAASPP) and English Language Proficiency Assessments for California (ELPAC) for 2023–24.
The appropriate use of UDAs on CAASPP computer-based tests and ELPAC computer-based and paper-based tests is restricted to only those identified in this document. For UDAs for CAASPP special-form tests, please visit the Appendix A of the CAASPP Paper-Pencil Testing Test Administration Manual . Embedded resources are digitally delivered as part of the technology platform for the computer-based tests. Non-embedded resources are available when provided by the local educational agency (LEA) for either computer-administered or special-form tests.
Here are some of the latest accessibility resource matrix changes for the 2023–24 school year.
- Added spell check as an embedded universal tool for the California Spanish Assessment.
- Updated the definition of the non-embedded strikethrough and highlighter universal tool to include test examiner assistance for K-2 students taking the ELPAC and an update to the definition for the embedded strikethrough, and the embedded and non-embedded line reader universal tool to include grade two students taking the ELPAC.
- Updated the definition of the non-embedded medical supports designated support to include “Bluetooth hearing aids.”
- Updated the embedded Spanish stacked-dual language translation designated support to be activated using a toggle mode for Smarter Balanced for mathematics.
- Added a non-embedded printed copy of the Smarter Balanced for English Language Arts/literacy (ELA) and mathematics oral test direction in English as a designated support that may be provided to a student.
- Added non-embedded translated test directions in American Sign Language for the Smarter Balanced ELA and mathematics as a designated support that may be provided to a student.
- Updated the assignment of the non-embedded print-on-demand accommodation to allow a site or LEA coordinator to make this selection in Test Operations Management System without first having to contact an LEA Success Agent.
- Added embedded word prediction as an accommodation for Smarter Balanced for ELA, mathematics and California Science Test.