USDA Civil RightsU.S. Department of Agriculture Food & Nutrition Service (FNS) policies and procedures about nondiscrimination in the administration of the child nutrition and food distribution programs.
Agencies must include the most current version of the federal nondiscrimination statement in a prominent location in all public information releases, publications, and on posters concerning nutrition program activities, except menus. The current nondiscrimination statement, including the Spanish statement, can be found at the U.S. Department of Agriculture's Civil Rights Web page.
This institution is an equal opportunity provider.
- Civil Rights Fact Sheet | DOC
This contains the federal nondiscrimination statement and explains when to use the full and short civil rights statement on communication materials to households.
- NSD Civil Rights and Complaints Handbook (DOC)
This handbook outlines the civil rights requirements for all agencies participating in the Child Nutrition Programs.
- And Justice for All Poster
Civil rights poster with information in English and Spanish. For more translations, please visit Justice for All Poster Translations .
- Medical Statement to Request Special Meals and/or Accommodations for Child Nutrition Programs (DOC; Updated Aug-2017)
CNP 925 - This form is used by parents/guardians to have a medical authority prescribe special meals or accommodations during meals.
- 02-900 - Management Bulletin on the Nondiscrimination statement guidance (available in hard copy).
- 01-902 - Management Bulletin on the revisions to the standards for the classification of federal data on race and ethnicity (available in hard copy).
Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 is a federal civil rights law that prohibits discrimination against individuals with disabilities.
- Quality Assurance Process
Resources to improve educational outcomes for students with disabilities while ensuring compliance with state and federal laws and regulations.
- Available Translations of Program Materials
Management Bulletin SNP-09-2016 detailing available translations from the USDA for Limited English Proficient (LEP) households.
- SNP Eligibility Materials
This page contains links to available translations of the applications for LEP households for free and reduced-price meals, the approval/denial notification, and pricing/non-pricing letters to households.
- USDA Web Site
- USDA, Office of Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights
- USDA, Food Nutrition Services, Office of Civil Rights
- United States Department of Justice - A Guide to Disability Rights Laws
- United States Department of Justice - Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)