California High School Exit Exam (CAHSEE)Repository archive entry for the CAHSEE program in the Programs No Longer Administered by the California Department of Education (CDE) Section of the CDE Web site.
Added to Programs No Longer Administered by the California Department of Education (CDE) on March 26, 2019.
This information is for historical purposes only and it is possible that information contained here may not be current.
- California High School Exit Exam
- Funded through 2012–13
- Effective 2013–14, the CAHSEE program was subsumed into the local control funding formula.
- California Education Code (EC) Section 37254
Source of Appropriation/Budget Act Item:
- Budget Act Item 6110-204-0001
The CAHSEE program provided funding to support intensive instruction and services for eligible students in the Class of 2009 and the Class of 2010 who were required to pass the CAHSEE and failed one or both parts of the examination. Eligible pupils were those 11th and 12th grade pupils that had failed one or both parts of the CAHSEE. Local educational agencies were required to submit application data to the California Department of Education to receive funds.
SACS Resource/Revenue Codes:
- 7055 / 8590
- EC Section 42605 authorized complete flexibility for this funding for fiscal years 2008–09 through 2012–13. During those years a school district or county office of education could use funds received for any educational purpose.