Oral Health AssessmentRepository archive entry for the Oral Health Assessment program in the Programs No Longer Administered by the California Department of Education (CDE) Section of the CDE Web site.
Added to Programs No Longer Administered by the California Department of Education (CDE) on January 12, 2018.
This information is for historical purposes only and it is possible that information contained here may not be current.
- Funded through 2012–13
- Effective 2013–14, the Oral Health Assessment program was subsumed into the local control funding formula.
- California Education Code (EC) Section 49452.8
Source of Appropriation/Budget Act Item
- Budget Act Item 6110-268-0001
- The Oral Health Assessment program reimbursed local educational agencies for costs associated with requirements related to oral health assessments for public school students enrolled in kindergarten (or first grade if student was not previously enrolled in public school kindergarten).
School districts received funding based on an annual rate per pupil enrolled in first grade as reported in the California Basic Educational Data System (CBEDS). School districts with a total first grade enrollment less than a specified amount received minimum funding of $500.
County offices of education (COE) received funds for their staff and other non-system costs of collecting, maintaining, and reporting data. The COE allocations were based on the number of eligible schools and districts within each county serving first grade students as reported in the CBEDS enrollment collection. Funds were first allocated based on an annual rate per eligible district, and the remaining funds were allocated based on the number of eligible schools with minimum funding of $500 per COE.
SACS Resource/Revenue Codes
- 0000 / 8590
- EC Section 42605 authorized complete flexibility for this funding for fiscal years 2008–09 through 2012–13. During those years, a school district or COE could use funds received for any educational purpose.
Questions: California Department of Education | 916-319-0800
Last Reviewed: Thursday, September 24, 2020